Budget Development and Negotiation and Other Financial Services
The CRS Budget Office can assist with a variety of budget related services, such as :
- Initial budget development and negotiation for clinical research studies,
- Ancillary service center agreement setup,
- Coverage analysis preparation,
- Medicare Administrative Contractor(MAC) submission for device studies,
- Protocol amendment review and negotiation,
- Re-negotiation of screen fail rates,
- Post-contract execution budget re-negotiation,
- Budget development assistance for investigator initiated protocols or grant proposals.
Prices related to the use of these resources can be found by visiting Policies, Procedures, Processes, and Pricing (VCU eID required).
CRS Budget Office staff are trained to complete a comprehensive review of the protocol to provide the best estimate of the cost of conducting clinical research. Our goal is to expedite clinical research budget development and negotiation, and provide strong support to our clinical research teams so they can focus on timely recruitment, safe and compliant participant care, and the provision of quality data.
We encourage continuing education in clinical research budgetary best practices to ensure our staff maintains the highest level of expertise in cost assessment and budget negotiations.
Clinical research budgetary guidance information can be found here (VCU eID required).
To request budget services, please complete the ancillary request form.
For questions, contact CRSbudgets@vcu.edu.