TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Wright Center’s Translational Workforce Development Program provides opportunities to create, develop and retain a diverse clinical and translational workforce that is competent, efficient, and conducts quality clinical research at VCU and beyond. Program offerings include clinical and translational research training, continuing professional development and resources for all members of the research enterprise. Translational workforce development program opportunities include:
- The Central Virginia Chapter Meetings of the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) sponsored by the VCU Wright Center and provide continuing education (CE) hours to attendees.
- The Wright Center's Clinical Research Skills Series (CReSS) focuses on the globally accepted standards recognized by the Joint Task Force for Clinical Research Competency framework.
- The Town Halls and Research Teams Meetings, sponsored by the Wright Center and the Clinical Research Unit, cover topics of current interest to the clinical research community.
- VCU's History and Health series offers online learning modules.
Find all upcoming clinical and translational research events on the Wright Center’s calendar and learn more about our events for the VCU research community. Subscribe to the Wright Center’s newsletter to receive regular updates for events, training and professional development opportunities, upcoming deadlines and resources in your inbox.
The Wright Center’s Translational Workforce Development Kaltura channel offers training and educational videos, as well as recordings of past Wright Center events, including past meetings of the Virginia chapter of the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) and past workshops from the Clinical Research Skills Series (CReSS).
The Wright Center encourages VCU clinical research professionals to become a member of and participate in associations that offer networking, training and certification in their respective field of practice.
- Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA): offers a certification program for clinical research professionals – Certified Clinical Research Professionals, CCRP®. Local Chapter: Central Virginia chapter: chair - Shirley Helm (see contact information in the inquiry box on this page)
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP): offers certifications for clinical research professionals – Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC®), Certified Clinical Principle Investigator (CPI®) and other certifications
- International Association of Clinical Research Nurses (ICARN): specifically, for nurses
- Public Responsibility in Medicine and Research (PRIM&R): offers a certification program specifically for those working with IRBs – Certified IRB Professional (CIP®) .
- Society of Research Administrators International (SRA): offers a certification program (10 certifications) specific for research administrators and managers – Certified Research Administrator - CRA®