TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Wright Center’s Translational Workforce Development Program provides opportunities to create, develop and retain a diverse clinical and translational workforce that is competent, efficient, and conducts quality clinical research at VCU and beyond. Program offerings include clinical and translational research training, continuing professional development and resources for all members of the research enterprise.
VCU training opportunities include:
- The Virginia chapter meetings of the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) occur through the VCU Wright Center and offer continuing education credit hours to members that attend.
- The Wright Center's Clinical Research Skills Series (CReSS) provides clinical research professionals with skills and knowledge for the conduct of clinical research.
- The VCU Health Clinical Research Unit events offer town halls on topics of current interest to the clinical research community.
- The One VCU Research Teams meetings are a gathering of clinical research teams at VCU and VCU Health and a joint effort of the Wright Center and the Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation.
- VCU's History and Health series offers online learning modules.
Find all upcoming clinical and translational research events on the Wright Center’s calendar and learn more about our events for the VCU research community. Subscribe to the Wright Center’s newsletter to get regular updates about events, training and professional development opportunities, upcoming deadlines and resources in your inbox.
The Wright Center’s Translational Workforce Development Kaltura channel offers training and educational videos, as well as recordings of past Wright Center events, including past meetings of the Virginia chapter of the Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) and past workshops from the Clinical Research Skills Series (CReSS).
The Wright Center encourages VCU clinical research coordinators and administrators to join professional associations that offer networking and training in their field.
- Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) central Virginia chapter: contact at VCU is Shirley Helm (see contact information in the inquiry box on this page)
- Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP)
- International Association of Clinical Research Nurses (ICARN)