ELIGIBILIY FOR PILOT IMAGING FUND
- Full-time, tenure or non-tenure track faculty
- Employed by or affiliated with VCU
- Investigators may only submit one application (as the PI) per funding cycle
- Funds will support preliminary studies that enable researchers to develop hypotheses, collect preliminary data, and establish methods necessary for submission of highly competitive applications to extramural funding sources
- Up to $25,000 awarded for a one-year period
- Only direct costs allowed: Supplies, patient stipends, costs for imaging, and personnel costs as long as the expense is for the completion of a specific element of the research
- Not allowed: Faculty or investigator salary, travel funds, publication costs, and patient hospital costs/visit fees
- Application deadline is February 21 at 5:00PM.
- All applications should be electronically submitted as a .pdf file no later than 5:00PM to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The PI will provide semiannual progress reports, using the format supplied by the grantor, to the scientific review coordinator, Dr. Pamela Dillon. Continuation of funding will be contingent on successful progress of the research and completion of the required reports
- Within one month of the termination of the grant, the PI must submit electronically a final report (one-to-two pages) summarizing the results of the research and a financial report summarizing expenditures by category to Dr. Dillon
- One year after the termination of the grant, the PI must submit electronically a list of publications and externally funded grants resulting from the funded work to Dr. Dillon
Publications resulting from work supported by these funds must acknowledge VCU’s CTSA (UL1TR002649) from the National Institutes of Health’s National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences.