The Master’s in Clinical and Translational Sciences program is designed for clinicians, clinical research professionals, and post-baccalaureate students to engage in an experience-based learning curriculum that provides a robust foundation for interdisciplinary, collaborative research.
To be eligible for acceptance into the program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- Required grade point average. For admission to graduate study at VCU, the Graduate School requires a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0. For students with earned graduate degrees from accredited institutions, the graduate GPA may be the primary basis for consideration.
- Demonstration of satisfactory English proficiency. For applicants whose native language is not English, they must provide scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language or International English Language Testing System.
THIS PROGRAM IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE ISSUANCE OF STUDENT IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS.
Applicants to the Master’s in Clinical and Translational Sciences program must apply online. A complete application must include:
- Online application
- Non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts from each college/university attended. All non-US transcripts must be evaluated by an accredited foreign credential agency.
- Statement of intent. Applicants must state their reasons for pursuing graduate education in their planned course of study at VCU. In addition, applicants must have a targeted research interest explained in the statement of intent.
- Letters of recommendation. Three letters or recommendation from instructors or professional references in the applicant’s intended field of study are required. Letters should address the applicant’s academic and professional abilities and preparation for graduate study.
- A letter of support from the applicant’s department chair, if applicable. For all faculty applicants, the chair must provide a letter of support for the applicant documenting the chair’s support for the applicant’s participation in the program.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable.
For fall semester: June 15
For spring semester: November 1
All classes follow the VCU Academic Calendar.