The Wright Center hosts regular events intended to bring together VCU researchers and experts with the community and stakeholders in order to advance understanding of VCU’s work and increase community engagement.
Health Equity Series
The Wright Center’s Health Equity Series is a quarterly exploration and community discussion of health disparities in collaboration with partners locally, in Virginia and nationwide.
VCU faculty, VCU Health medical providers and expert guests from the community present on the latest research, listen to attendees and plan a way forward – through community-engaged research and increased awareness for all. Panelists speak to advances and gaps in the research and share resources on minority health.
- LGBTQ+ Best Practices in Health Care – August 10, 2021 – register now
- Black Lives, Black Lungs II – November 9, 2021 – registration to come
- Black Lives, Black Lungs - November 10, 2020
- Cancers Below the Belt - February 9, 2021
- Risky Pregnancies: Health disparities in maternal morbidity and mortality - May 11, 2021
Watch past events at the Wright Center Health Equity Kaltura channel.
For general inquiries about the Wright Center’s Health Equity Series, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Discovery Dialogues are a regularly occurring series of one-hour, midday events bridging the gap between scientists, the public and public health research.
All are welcome to attend, especially members of the public wishing to learn more about the research happening at Virginia Commonwealth University. Presentations are tailored to a broad audience, and researchers leave time for questions that guide and shape their future research.
Past topics include:
- Managing emotional wellbeing after a brain cancer diagnosis
- Understanding why mothers and babies miss their prenatal and well-child visits
- Discovering ways to help women with opioid use disorder during the postpartum period
- Aging in place: How technology can help
For general inquiries about the Wright Center’s Discovery Dialogues Series, email email@example.com.